The Guinea-Pig Hutch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C&C cage and leaving for two weeks in two weeks!!

3 posters

Go down

C&C cage and leaving for two weeks in two weeks!! Empty C&C cage and leaving for two weeks in two weeks!!

Post by Laceychris92 Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:03 pm

okay.. tommorow im getting the stuff to make an C&C cage tommorow (if i get paid). its going into my closet so they will have lots of room. im taking the door. Its going to be huge. Very Happy
Im leaving for two weeks in two weeks and im so sad that i have to leave my piggies. im going to Florida and am rather excited its just i hate leaving them with the piggie sitter whom doesnt want to clean the cage. if my parents didnt pay $500 for my plane ticket then i would have stayed home. ill be in florida for one weeks and disney for one week. any ideas to make it easier for the "sitter" to clean a C&C cage?? Thank you!

* Im going to post pictures of there new cage! *

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Male Posts : 230

Back to top Go down

C&C cage and leaving for two weeks in two weeks!! Empty Re: C&C cage and leaving for two weeks in two weeks!!

Post by Anaira Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Hmmm....You use fleece don't you? At least get him/her to sweep(or use the vacuum cleaner on low suction) the poops up every day.

For two weeks they should change the towels and fleece at least twice; it isn't too hard, surely!

Congrats on the trip! Sounds really exciting *envious*
Anaira
Anaira
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 266

Back to top Go down

C&C cage and leaving for two weeks in two weeks!! Empty Re: C&C cage and leaving for two weeks in two weeks!!

Post by Alicia Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:33 am

I hope you have a good holiday, I've been to Florida it was great. No matter what bedding you use, during the two weeks it will have to be cleaned. All bedding needs to be cleaned regularly and I think two weeks might be a bit too long to not clean them out for. Could you maybe change to something like carefresh or megazorb? These will need cleaning out whilst you are away but it's just a once a week full clean out rather than daily sweeping and changing. I don't know if that would be any easier for your piggy sitter but I thought I'd suggest it anyway Smile
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:34 am

I'm just moving this to Guinea-Pig Care, I hope thats OK Smile
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceychris92 Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:01 pm

I'v decided Im buying enough fleece so she can just throw it away everyday and put a new one in.

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaira Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:38 pm

throw it away?! lol I'm such a scrooge, and I love fleece so much; how hard can it be to throw it in a bucket to soak? Or something.

Anyway, at least she'll be cleaning the cage. =) Good luck!

p.s. tell her to join, so if she needs any advice, or help, she can have some support. =D
Anaira
Anaira
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceychris92 Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:40 pm

Okay, I'll let her know. Thanks! Very Happy

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:16 am

If the piggy sitter's going to throw the bedding away everday why don't you just use newspaper? It would probably be a bit easier to throw away Smile
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceychris92 Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:06 am

That's actually might be a great idea. I feel bad for the piggies though.

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:07 am

Some people use newspaper as a bedding all the time, you could put a few layers of newspaper on the floor of the cage, add some beds/igloos and put shredded newspaper in some corners which are a bit more cosy for them, and they can have hay too.
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceychris92 Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Okay, that sounds like a great idea. Very Happy

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Good, I hope you have a good holiday, when do you go? sunny
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceychris92 Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:36 am

I am actually going on the 20th.

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaira Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:18 pm

On the newspaper thing, that could work, but if you do use it, make sure the ink is vegeable based. Most are, but some are lead based....or something toxic, anyway! Just ring the office and ask. Smile
Anaira
Anaira
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down