The Guinea-Pig Hutch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homless piggies!

2 posters

Go down

Homless piggies! Empty Homless piggies!

Post by Laceychris92 Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Shelters all over the world are being filled with guinea pig. Sadly, most of the guinea pigs develope health problems or are seniors and many people won't adopt them because of those issues, but all piggies deserve a chance to be loved weather they have health issues or not. Yeah, I can understand that you may want a healthy baby piggie, but you can also look into your local shelter and give an homless guinea pig a chance. Thank you for taking time for reading!Very Happy

-Chris
:guineapigrun:

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Male Posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Homless piggies! Empty Re: Homless piggies!

Post by Alicia Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm

I agree with this. Also, you can get baby guinea-pigs from rescues too, and not all rescue guinea-pigs have health problems. Pet shop guinea-pigs are actually more likely to have health problems I have found. For example, I got a sow from a pet shop and she had a fungal infection in her ear which I noticed 2 days after I got her. It took 2 weeks of baths and putting a cream on her ear daily to get rid of the fungal infection. It's also normally less expensive to get a rescue guinea-pig than to get a pet shop guinea-pig. If you are thinking of getting a guinea-pig, please consider getting a rescue guinea-pig Smile
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceychris92 Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Yeah, there are alot of healthy young piggies, but ushually when there at the shelter it's cases such as hoarders and ect, but yes you may actually find baby piggies. Very Happy

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Male Posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down