The Guinea-Pig Hutch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.

3 posters

Go down

Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.  Empty Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.

Post by shadowmegs Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:40 am

I think You all know that I have been hand raising wild mice. They were little terrors since the first night I had them. For about 2 weeks I was waking up every 3 hours to make sure everyone was well fed. I loved them...since I heard about them I didn't even consider anything other than hand raising or looking for a Mum with babies around the same age that could foster the bubs.

They were adorable and SO entertaining. they would bounce around the cage and climb upside down on the bars...and boy could they chew! Their favourite toys were toilet rolls and ropes. The hammocks I crocheted them got enjoyed but were destroyed very quickly.

The thing that sucks is how quickly babies can go downhill. First was my girl ShuggaZoom, too crazy for Her own good. Then Aurora the wee runt that just wasn't strong enough. The rest of the bubs were okay apart from getting dehydrated easily. Some nights I thought I was about to loose the whole lot but they kept fighting for a few weeks. I left Town for a bit the Friday before last and all babies were doing fine on farex baby cereal, lab blocks and they loved their fresh vegies, every one of them would use the water bottle.

But I came home last Wednesday night and 2 of them were in a bad way...one passed away that night and the 2 that had seemed fine started looking unwell too, by the next morning all of the babies had passed away.

Here are some pics of them. I know you've probably seen them before.

Before eyes opened
Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.  A030

Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.  A055

Eyes just open
Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.  A063

Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.  A044-1

Trying solids
Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.  Cute01

and just being plain cute
Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.  A097

Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.  Climbingbaby

Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.  A051.

I did what I could for my bubs.

Miss you wildies!! Won't ever forget you crazy lot. Mum, babies and most likely Dad were all taken too soon, but it could have been worse.

shadowmegs
Hutch Companion
Hutch Companion

Female Posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.  Empty Re: Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.

Post by Alicia Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:20 am

Oh shadowmegs I'm so sorry Sad You really did all you could for them, RIP little mice :rip:
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.  Empty Re: Goodbye Wildies...My Babies, I miss you.

Post by Anaira Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:45 pm

I STILL don't know what to say, I was really upset when I heard. I'm sorry Megs, you did a great job with them.
Anaira
Anaira
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 am

I'm so sorry to hear this Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum