The Guinea-Pig Hutch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piggy Points

Go down

Piggy Points Empty Piggy Points

Post by Alicia Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Piggy Points

Some other forums have these points or reputation systems, I just called it Piggy Points to keep with the theme of the forum.
Other members can rate members posts positively or negatively.
For example, if a post made you laugh, cheered you up, was very informative or useful, click the plus sign . If the post is spam, against forum rules, rude or you do not agree with it then click the minus sign.
By disagreeing with the post I do not mean things such as what type of food to feed, as these are minor things that most people will have different opinions on, I mean things such as breeding, pet shop discussions, and other debate and topical discussions.

How does it work?
In a post, there is now a small minus and plus sign at the side of it like this:
Piggy Points Posthighlighted

I had to go on the testermember account because you cannot rate your own posts Smile

Then, click on either the plus or the minus button:
Piggy Points Plus

If you click the plus button, a green bar will appear by that members post - this shows that it has been rated positively:
Piggy Points Greenbar
When a post is rated positively, the number of piggy points that member has will go up by 1, and when it is rated negatively the number of piggy points they have will go down by 1.
If you click the minus button, a red bar will appear by the members post - this shows that is has been rated negatively:
Piggy Points Redbar

More Information on Piggy Points
Piggy Points are displayed in every post you make and on your profile. On your posts they are displayed below your avatar and post count:
Piggy Points Piggypoints

You don't have to rate people's posts unless you want to, it's meant to be just a fun thing for members to do if and when you want to.
If you have anymore questions or comments please post them below Smile
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

Back to top Go down