The Guinea-Pig Hutch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning piercings

3 posters

Go down

Cleaning piercings Empty Cleaning piercings

Post by Alicia Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:43 pm

I got a 2nd piercing on my ear today and they said to wash it with either surgical spirit or a sea salt solution. I thought I had some surgical spirit at home but have now discovered that I don't and all the shops are now closed, so it will have to wait until the morning. Is there anything I can use as a substitute until then or do you think it would be better to just wait until I can get the sea salt? What have you cleaned your piercings with if you have any? I got my first ear piercings 8 years ago and can't remember what I did about cleaning them
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

Back to top Go down

Cleaning piercings Empty Re: Cleaning piercings

Post by Anaira Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:33 pm

Ordinary salt-and-water will work. I was actually pretty slack about cleaning my ears, even though I had put off getting them pierced for years 'cos I was scared of infections. Both my sister and mum reacted to the metal, and got infected, lol. So I was nervous about it for years. I really wanna get more done, now. Mum's not keen.
Anaira
Anaira
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowmegs Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Yep Saline is fine (salt & water) or if you have any isopropyl alcohol wipes in your first-aid kit then they're even better.

shadowmegs
Hutch Companion
Hutch Companion

Female Posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum