The Guinea-Pig Hutch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

r.i.p. little piggie

3 posters

Go down

r.i.p. little piggie Empty r.i.p. little piggie

Post by Laceychris92 Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:06 pm

I went on a little trip to petco today and went to go see the guinea pigs and I saw this little guinea pig that had absolutly no fur behind it's ear and was very red and full of mites. I quickly got an associate and told them the guinea pig needed to see a vet and needed to be seperated an she told me how I was very ignorant to take up her time. So, I started to get extrimely mad and I told her I'm not leaving until I see a manager. So, she got a manager and I told the manager the story and he tried telling me to buy it and bring it to the vet and I did and the vet told me he was suffering from alot of diffrent things and the best thing to do is put him to sleep...... So I did and now I'm extrimely upset, but it was the best thing for him....

:rip:

Last edited by Anaira on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Anaria ~ sorry, just had to add a title, as it was very hard for me to click on the topic.)

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Male Posts : 230

Back to top Go down

r.i.p. little piggie Empty Re: r.i.p. little piggie

Post by Anaira Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:42 pm

r.i.p. little one. <3

That is simply not good enough. >:( You should have taken photos, then you should have been able to do something legally. It's a criminal offence not to provide vet care for sick animals, is there any way you could get the spca, or your local human society, or someone, to do something? The vet should be able to provide evidence, if needed. At the very least, go public in the newspapers; that'd hurt them more than anything, I should think. They hate bad publicity.

Have you told the manager, the rest of the piggies probably need to be treated for mites? And check over too? What exactly did the piggie have?
Anaira
Anaira
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceychris92 Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Yeah, I reported thm to the town and yes I did tell them that they probably all need to be treated, but I highly doubt he going to do anything.

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Mad No matter how many times these pet shops are told they just don't listen! It was really nice of you to take this guinea-pig to the vet and spend your money trying to help it. It was the pet shops responsibility to do this and if they won't provide vet's treatment when an animal becomes ill then they shouldn't keep on buying them to sell them! It makes me so mad to think that pet shops like this should have been stopped ages ago, I've heard of loads of people reporting them but nothing seems to help. I just don't get why these pet shops are allowed to keep going! Sad Poor little guinea-pig, :rip:
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceychris92 Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:06 pm

I would do everything I can to help guinea pigs! Very Happy I just love guinea pigs. I was honestly devastated to hear that it was best to put him to sleep and I had to pay 150, but I rather pay alot than have him suffer. I was honestly devastated. I. Got a E-mail telling me that I can't prove that they wernt going to provide vet care because I didn't feel that the associate didn't care and I took it upon myself by purchesing it and there for it was under my care and was my resonsibility. Honesty some may say I shouldn't have taken it, but I do not in any way regret it. I know that he would have been dead for suffering and I made sure he was provided the correct care until it was his time to cross the rainbow bridge. ( this is so hard for me to write.) Sad
PLEASE EVERYONE REACH OUT TO EVERY HELPlESS PIGGIE IN NEED OF HELP! Very Happy

:guineapigrun:

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down