The Guinea-Pig Hutch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Still So Hard To Write This..

4 posters

Go down

It's Still So Hard To Write This.. Empty It's Still So Hard To Write This..

Post by shadowmegs Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:32 am

I haven't posted here for a long time, because it still hurts every time I look at this forum, and think about my beloved piggies that I no longer have for cuddles. And I can't watch their crazy antics, or hear them wheek as soon as I walk in the door after work. I can't sit down for hours and slowly work the knots out of Thor's long Texel coat. I can't lie down with a feather cat toy and have Theo popcorning round trying to catch it. I still have my rats, cats, chickens, Devo Dog, and a few mice but a part of the family is no longer here...and it's hurts.

I'm in tears right now and I haven't even explained where my babies are and why. I haven't posted pics with captions of my silly boys. I imagine the keyboard will have a nice coating of tears and snot by the time I'm finished.

I made the decision (well, it wasn't my decision at all actually) to rehome the piggies. Mum and I had been arguing about the noise they make and She wasn't impressed with how much money I spend on them. I wasn't planning on finding them a new home just yet, I wanted awhile to get used to the idea. But I saw on Facebook that my friends old boy Gordon had passed away and Her remaining male Busky was looking for a friend. My friends set up is awesome and I know my 2 boys will behave well for intros. Plus I know my 2 cuddly men will make my friends Son very happy.

When the courier guy came to pick them up. He looked like the kind of guy that was used to transporting car parts not guinea pigs! But He saw them and kept going on about how cute they are and was amazed at their purring noises. He said He was going to pop them on the front seat next to Him so that He has someone to talk to for the 2 1/2hr trip. I hated seeing them go but at the same time I knew they couldn't possibly be going to a better home and it will make things easier round here for everyone.

Here are my beautiful Men..

Theo:
It's Still So Hard To Write This.. A112

It's Still So Hard To Write This.. A111

It's Still So Hard To Write This.. A104

Thor:
It's Still So Hard To Write This.. A114

It's Still So Hard To Write This.. A113

And together
It's Still So Hard To Write This.. A110

Here they are in their new home with their friend Busky, Theo has been re-named Teddy which was the original plan for Him anyway, as His full name is Theodore, like the chipmunk.
It's Still So Hard To Write This.. Teddy

It's Still So Hard To Write This.. TeddyTeddy

It's Still So Hard To Write This.. Buskyzac

It's Still So Hard To Write This.. Buskyfriends02

It's Still So Hard To Write This.. Buskyfriends01

It's Still So Hard To Write This.. 3funnyfaces

It's Still So Hard To Write This.. Busky

It's been about a month now, I still miss 'em.

shadowmegs
Hutch Companion
Hutch Companion

Female Posts : 125

Back to top Go down

It's Still So Hard To Write This.. Empty Re: It's Still So Hard To Write This..

Post by Alicia Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:38 pm

Oh no Shadowmegs I'm so sorry Sad Though just remember they have gone to great homes. If you still wanted to be involved in guinea-pigs maybe you could help out at a shelter?
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaira Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:19 pm

This was a really brave decision. I know exactly how you feel, because people are pressuring me to re-home my two rabbits. Eventually, if I find a decent home, I suppose I will have to let them go.
Anaira
Anaira
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowmegs Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:15 pm

I've just heard some bad news...

My old grump Thor passed away in His sleep. Sad
He sure suited His name well (thor, the god of thunder) He was a grump, but even after I re-homed the piggies He was always going to be my special grumpy fuzz butt.

I miss Him. <3

shadowmegs
Hutch Companion
Hutch Companion

Female Posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm so sorry shadowmegs, RIP Thor Sad
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceychris92 Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:54 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that! Honestly my mom is always on my back about my piggies nose and how much I spend, but nobody could come beetween me and my little girls, but I am so so so proud of you for knowing what was best! And again I am so so so sorry that you are going through this. I can't leave my piggies at a vet never mind give them away, so I can't even begin to think of how hard this must be.

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Male Posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum