The Guinea-Pig Hutch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will A Guinea Pig Smell Up a Room?

2 posters

Go down

Will A Guinea Pig Smell Up a Room? Empty Will A Guinea Pig Smell Up a Room?

Post by bunnyhop Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:37 pm

So...hi!

I'm trying to convince my mom to let me have a Guinea Pig. One of the conditions is that any pet I get CANNOT stink up the house. Now, the piggy would be staying in my room. So the real question is, do they smell so bad (with once a week cage cleaning plus light maitenence throughout the week) that the smell will leave my room and permeate the house?

ASAP answers will be SOO appreciated. :lol:

bunnyhop

Back to top Go down

Will A Guinea Pig Smell Up a Room? Empty Re: Will A Guinea Pig Smell Up a Room?

Post by Alicia Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:22 am

I don't think guinea-pigs smell really. If youi're getting a guinea-pig and you're worried about it smelling I suggest you get female guinea-pigs, because males have a kind of boar smell. I know loads of people that keep guinea-pigs in their bedroom, so it can't smell too bad, I don't really know because my guinea-pigs live outside so if there is any smell it just leaves in the air. Make sure you use a cage that has a lot of ventilation, this will help let any smells out. A C&C cage would be good for this. Also, it depends on what the weather is like where you live, the guinea-pigs cage will smell a bit in hot weather, but it will be the bedding that smells not the guinea-pigs. Good Luck I hope you can get your guinea-pig. Welcome to the forum Smile
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

Back to top Go down