The Seasonal Care Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Seasonal Care Thread

Post by Alicia on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Guinea-Pigs Care has to change during the winter and summer months to adapt to the changes in temperatures. I thought on this thread we could all share tips and information on how we keep our guinea-pigs warm during the winter months and cool during the Summer. I think this could all get a bit muddled up because some people on the forum are just going into Summer months where they live and others are just going into Winter months when they live, so please set it out stating clearly e.g Winter Months - add extra hay etc.

Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Seasonal Care Thread

Post by Anaira on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:37 pm

SUMMER

Place a brick in the freezer, and then wrap in a towel,(if needed) and place in cage. Good for them to snuggle up against, in high temperatures.

I don't consider myself a pessimist. I think of a pessimist as someone who is waiting for it to rain. And I feel soaked to the skin.

Anaira
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 266

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:43 pm

WINTER
Cover the hutch (not fully - leave enough of a gap for air to get into the hutch) with either a hutch cover/hugger, a blanket, tarpaulin or some people even use old duvets

Competitions Coming Soon:
The Birthday Guinea-Pig
Spring/Easter Guinea-Pig 2011

Visit our Youtube Channel
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content