Is an outdoor run vital?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is an outdoor run vital?

Post by lily on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:27 am

Hi I am new to this forum, we are getting teo sows on saturday Pumpkin and lupin and we have everything set up except an outdoor run...

We have a dog and although the dog won't be in the garden when we plan to put the piggys in a run on the grass my husband said the dog goes to the toliet on the grass and that made me think perhaps it is not a good idea to put them on the grass?

Can they have a run indoors or does it have to be on grass????

thanks

lily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is an outdoor run vital?

Post by Alicia on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:37 am

Guinea-pigs don't have to have a run outside, they can have indoor runs too. A lot of people I know that have guinea-pigs indoors use this:

Guinea-Pig Indoor Run

or something like this:

Guinea-Pig Indoor Run 2

But as long as you section an area off that will keep your guinea-pigs safe and so they can't get out then its fine. My guinea-pigs stay indoors over night sometmes and when they are indoors I sometimes go outside and pick grass from the garden and put it in their indoor run so they still get to eat grass but they don't really need it. I don't know if dogs going to the toilet on the grass would be a problem but its a good idea not to risk it Smile Welcome to the forum :welcome2:
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceychris92 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:12 am

Wecome to The GuineaPig Hutch! Very Happy
Make sure you logg on daily and check out are
member contest and the 2010 summer photo contest!
:guineapigrun:

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Male Posts : 230

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by michellexgix on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 am

They can have a run indoors, that is perfectly fine but do try and put the cage outside for a half an hour whenever you get the chance, they need fresh air and they love it Smile Even if its just on a table by the window Smile
michellexgix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:04 am

I was staying at my nan's house a few years ago and I had Roy with me, and one day I came back from being out and saw she'd put Roy's cage with him in it in the front garden, and because she lives by a school, all the children were walking past and stroking him Laughing He loved it!
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceychris92 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:09 am

That's cute!Very Happy I wish I could just leave my piggies outside, but I can't because kids around were I live won't nicely pett them. It's horrible some kids around my house would rather kill little piggies rather than nicely pett them.

:guineapigrun:

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Male Posts : 230

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top