The Guinea-Pig Hutch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite guinea-pig breed?

4 posters

Go down

What is your favourite guinea-pig breed? Empty What is your favourite guinea-pig breed?

Post by Alicia Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Mine's Red Dutch Smile I used to have one but she died in January, I hope to get another one soon because I think they look so cute
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite guinea-pig breed? Empty Re: What is your favourite guinea-pig breed?

Post by Anaira Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:35 pm

Hmm, I've thought about this, and still can't make up my mind! I actually like our abby(or peruvian) crosses best; they have a funky mohawk!

I also like silver agoutis.
Anaira
Anaira
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 266

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite guinea-pig breed? Empty Re: What is your favourite guinea-pig breed?

Post by shadowmegs Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:36 am

I love agouti anything!!! I love cream crested piggies though!!! Ooohh but my old boy Loki was so cool, He was 1/2 Texel (rex & silkie cross) and 1/2 absinnean.

shadowmegs
Hutch Companion
Hutch Companion

Female Posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceychris92 Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:04 am

I absolutly love teddy bear piggies! There so adorable and Kloie is a teddy bear piggie. Honestly, I love all guinea pigs, but I feel like long haired ones are very difficult to maintain. Like I had one before and always trimed his fur very short because it was very hot and he was getting hot and I felt like he became adorable. lol Very Happy

Laceychris92
Popcorning Piggy
Popcorning Piggy

Male Posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:42 am

I think longhair guinea-pigs are harder to maintain than shorthair guinea-pigs, but I have one longhair and 5 shorthairs, and the longhair gets brushed every night and bathed every 2 months, whereas the others don't really get brushed at all and only have a bath about twice a year. I'm going on holiday later this month and my neighbours looking after the guinea-pigs, and because I don't want her to have to brush Edie every day, I'm going to cut Edie's hair shorter.
Alicia
Alicia
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 552

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down